Isoin tietyyppi, jolla saa pyöräillä?

Oletko kokenut pyörämatkailija vai suunnitteletko vasta ensimmäistä reissuasi? Täällä voit jakaa kokemuksia, raportoida matkoistasi tai hakea inspiraatiota ensi kesän suunnitelmiin.
ajarmala
Pistosuojattu sisällöntuottaja
Viesti:

Re: Isoin tietyyppi, jolla saa pyöräillä?

Viesti Kirjoittaja ajarmala »

Fastolfe kirjoitti:

Suunnittelen reitin menemään Helsingistä Ouluun Questilläni, Ridewithgps.comin kanssa.

Milloin teet tämän lenkkisi? Tähän aikaan vuodesta pohjoisessa voi yhtäkkiä olla lunta, kylmä ja liukasta. Otathan säätilan huomioon?

--
T. Ari
Helkama Kulkuri 14 (1990), Performer Agenda (2009), Insera Reflex (2010), Milan SL (2012), Yosemite 20" Folding (2014), Rossano cyclocross (2018)

vaaka

Viesti Kirjoittaja vaaka »

Unfortunately road maintenance in Finland is not that great and the few resources are directed in many cases to private sector companies who think that doing poor job will ensure them new work next year when the repairs need to be made. This results in some roads bein almost as bad as in poor countries and at times matching them hole wise. Rumble strips can certainly be problems for every bike type and every style of cyclists here. Case in point the road from Helsinki to Vihti has frost damage and stripes of "repair material" over cracked asphalt with the road tilting down to the right starting from the left side of the white line. Which is close to the side of the uneven asphalt edge close to a rail on the right. The slope is in places about 4-5 cm deep starting with 3 cm of drop in 3 cm of sideways movement. Which steered my two wheel recumbent along with the unevennes to the right toward the rail behind which lies a long steep hill side. When there was uneven 8-10 cm of relatively flat space of regaining control. I would not wonder if a velomobile would bottom out at speed. This place is tight with lots of lorries and no bicycle path. Starting from two km east of Kuusijärvi. It was worrying to see lorries passing me well on oncoming lane's side. Too much traffic there so going to Kuusijärvi i was making hairy situations for car drivers. Stressong over balance, control and steering despite fully suspended bike. What a nightmare without suspension or with a wide velomobile.

Fastolfe

Viesti Kirjoittaja Fastolfe »

ajarmala kirjoitti:

Milloin teet tämän lenkkisi? Tähän aikaan vuodesta pohjoisessa voi yhtäkkiä olla lunta, kylmä ja liukasta. Otathan säätilan huomioon?

Haluaisin tëhdä sen loppukesäkuussa 2016 (noin juhannus). Tiedän Suomen talvi ja en ole itsetuhoinen :)

Kuitenkin, minun pitää suunnitella reitin Belgian, Holannin ja Saksan kautta - ja varata hotellit / leirintäalueet, jne. Ystäväni Belgiassa ja Helsingissä lisäksi saattavat matkata minun kanssa, mutta en tiedä heidän lomansa vielä. Siksi en ole valmis lähtemään.

Fastolfe

Viesti Kirjoittaja Fastolfe »

vaaka kirjoitti:

Unfortunately road maintenance in Finland is not that great[...]

You haven't seen the roads here in southern Belgium: sometimes I wonder if they import them second-hand from Romania or something. My Quest's rear swingarm broke, and one of the front suspension struts punched through the shell, because of crazy potholes.

vaaka

Viesti Kirjoittaja vaaka »

Damn that sucks big time! Some here use and others are building recumbent fat bikes for winter and off road duty. Sounds like pave is not the only problem down there but is another case for big ass tires 8)

Vastaa Viestiin