Velomobiili kysymys ... aja polkupyörällä polulla

Yleistä keskustelua velomobiileista ja polkuautoista.
David

Velomobiili kysymys ... aja polkupyörällä polulla

Viesti Kirjoittaja David »

Hei kaikki. Olen Espoossa. On hyvä ajaa velolla tiellä niin kauan kuin menen hitaasti tai on parempi ajaa tiellä.

Hey everybody. I am in Espoo again. It is better to ride a velo on the footpath as long as I go slowly or it is better to ride it on the road?

David

Re: Velomobiili kysymys ... aja polkupyörällä polulla

Ehkä hitaasti polku on ok. Jos se on kuin Brisbane, jalankulkijat valittavat vaarallisista pyöräilijät.
Maybe slowly the path is ok. If it's like Brisbane, pedestrians complain about dangerous riders.

rutunen
Treenaileva sisällöntuottaja

Viesti Kirjoittaja rutunen »

Hi,

I would ride on the bike lanes at first in order to see what it's like and observe how motorized traffic is like in Espoo. I have cycled in capital area just for one day and I felt like the bike lanes are okay'ish for velomobile too. You might need to reverse at some crossings though in case your velomobile has 13m turning radius or close to that.

I'm pretty sure there are some sections where riding among cars 40-50 km/h might be smoother, it's just that there's always the risk that someone does not see you and reverses, switches lane or passes the car behind you and crashes to your side.

Past that point accident I am not sure how well local traffic regulations and laws protect a cyclist who rides in a (low) position that makes it even easier to end up into car driver's dead angle of vision, especially if there's a bike lane right next to the point of accident. In Finland law states that we have to use a bike lane if there is one, but there are some exceptions to that rule. Generally police's opinion is "Bikes on the bike lane. Period."

Quest Carbon -2015

David

I would ride on the bike lanes ...
In Finland law states that we have to use a bike lane if there is one, but there are some exceptions to that rule. Generally police's opinion is "Bikes on the bike lane. Period."

Thanks for this. I didn't know it was the law.
The last thing I want to do is upset pedestrians, who then complain, and make it harder for riders to enjoy their ride.
There are now lanes along Lauttasaarentie 00200 (https://goo.gl/maps/itpUWKBhJWE4aW7M9). I think they are quite new. Are these official bike lanes that one has to ride in?

Kiitos tästä. En tiennyt, että se oli laki.
Viimeinen asia, jonka haluan tehdä, on järkyttynyt jalankulkijat, jotka sitten valittavat, ja vaikeuttavat ihmisten nauttimaan ajamisestaan.
Lauttasaarentien (00200) varrella on nyt kaistoja https://goo.gl/maps/itpUWKBhJWE4aW7M9. Mielestäni ne ovat aivan uusia. Ovatko nämä viralliset pyöräkaistat, joita on ajettava?

VeloWagon
Sisällöntuottajakokelas

Viesti Kirjoittaja VeloWagon »

Hi David!

I ride through Lauttasaari almost every day to work. And now also in my Hilgo. I do the uphills on bike paths and downhills on the road (when switch convenient). And this method pretty much aplies to every road. When speed gets over 25km/h it is safer to use roads.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Mango tour 2013 (kolaroitu käyttökelvottomaksi 2016), Bakfiets laatikkopyörä 2011, Basso Reef kilpapyörä 2008

David

Hi David!

I ride through Lauttasaari almost every day to work. And now also in my Hilgo. I do the uphills on bike paths and downhills on the road (when switch convenient). And this method pretty much aplies to every road. When speed gets over 25km/h it is safer to use roads.

Ahh thanks for this VeloWagon. How long have you had the Hilgo for and did you have a velo before it?
How many km is your commute? From Vantaa is it?
I'll get my Mango ready soon. It arrived from AU perfectly well, then removing it from the crate I puncture a tube, damaging a tyre, but do you think I remembered in which box I put the spare parts? I only found them tonight.

David

Ah ok. I just read your thread http://www.nojapyorafoorumi.fi/viewtopi ... 7&start=60
A long wait from the factory and you had a Mango previously if google translate is correct.
I love the idea of the shifting in the Hilgo and the body looks great.

VeloWagon
Sisällöntuottajakokelas

Viesti Kirjoittaja VeloWagon »

Yes, I had a Mango too. Demolished by a truck three years ago. Now finally a new velo after the long wait. Just rode it last week from Groningen (Netherlands) via Germany to Lübeck from where the ferry took us across the Gulf of Finland to Helsinki. Now some 600km on it.
I live in Tikkurila (Vantaa) but spend most of my time in Espoo with my girlfriend so I pretty much shuttle all around the capital region.
It would be nice to meet at some point and chat velomobile. :-)
Cheers!
Petja

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Mango tour 2013 (kolaroitu käyttökelvottomaksi 2016), Bakfiets laatikkopyörä 2011, Basso Reef kilpapyörä 2008

David

Yes we shall meet up. Your crash story made it all around the world I think. I heard it from another Mango owner in Brisbane. I read the thread on the ride back with the Hilgo. How good to be able to do it with with another rider!

Vastaa Viestiin