Lap time recording

Keskustelualue kotimaiselle yhdistystoiminnalle.
Specbike
Viesti:

Lap time recording

Viesti Kirjoittaja Specbike »

I found a free sofrware that records in a file the time when a mobile phone with Bluetooth function enters and out from PC Bluetooth area.
It is not a chronograph for timekeeping, but may be better than using individual odometers.
I think every rider now has a phone with Bluetooth or any other device with a Bluetooth.

needs a test.

BluetoothView v1.66
Copyright (c) 2008 - 2013 Nir Sofer
Web site: http://www.nirsoft.net

3.jpg
tm
Pistosuojattu sisällöntuottaja

Re: Lap time recording

Viesti Kirjoittaja tm »

Specbike kirjoitti:

I found a free sofrware that records in a file the time when a mobile phone with Bluetooth function enters and out from PC Bluetooth area.
It is not a chronograph for timekeeping, but may be better than using individual odometers.
I think every rider now has a phone with Bluetooth or any other device with a Bluetooth.

needs a test..."

Yes, interesting little software, but tests are needed. As you said, not accurate but perhaps suitable for lap counting in longer races. In field condition in open area (e.g. in track of Räyskälä) how many meters is the BT range?

If this system is reliable and usefull in field conditions, also another sofware/script is needed to process that raw data to competition results...

Wacky

Viesti Kirjoittaja Wacky »

tm kirjoitti:
Specbike kirjoitti:

needs a test..."

Yes, interesting little software, but tests are needed. As you said, not accurate but perhaps suitable for lap counting in longer races. In field condition in open area (e.g. in track of Räyskälä) how many meters is the BT range?

If this system is reliable and usefull in field conditions, also another sofware/script is needed to process that raw data to competition results...

With a suitable directional antenna and an adjustable strength transmiter this could be made pretty accurate and more than enough for lap counting.

tavasti
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja tavasti »

That is interesting, and would need testing. How reliable it is if there is 10 phones passing pc fast? 10 high speed velomobiles.

Ajokkina Nazca Paseo 26/26 ja opeteltavana kiertopalkinto-Python

"... mutta ei se toimi kuoppaisella savisella soratiellä, varsinkaan jyrkässä ylämäessä!"

janx
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja janx »

tavasti kirjoitti:

That is interesting, and would need testing. How reliable it is if there is 10 phones passing pc fast? 10 high speed velomobiles.

I'm not sure about reliable phones either. E.g. +3h races.

"The haters gonna hate and the lovers gonna love. I just lean back and ride." -janx (Kotisivut)
CLWB2008c (09-12), Nazca ePaseo (06/12-), 20/26 SWB Fenix (08/17-) & Spectri (03/19-)
Keskustelukanavat - #recumbents:matrix.org ja #nojapyorat:matrix.org

Vastaa Viestiin